Frequently Asked Questions
How to contact us
- How can I check my order status? - Once you place your order it will be reviewed by one of our team. You will receive an email notification first confirming we have received your order, and a second notification once your order has been dispatched.
If you have any issues regarding your order please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I change my order? - if you have any changes you would like to make please contact us as quickly as possible so we can attempt to rectify any issue before dispatch.
- What payment options do you take? - We take all major debit and credit cards including AMEX. You can also pay for your order with Paypal.
- Do you offer gift cards? - Yes we do, If you would like to purchase a gift card please contact us directly where we can arrange this for you personally.
Delivery and Returns
- Do you ship internationally? - Yes we ship globally. Our shipping prices for EU customers are £14.99 for 3 to 5 business days or £24.99 for 1 to 2 business days. Rest of the World is £24.99 for 3 to 5 business days and £39.99 for 1-3 working days.
- What courier service do you use for delivery? - We use Royal Mail or Yodel within the UK and DHL for the rest of the world.
- How long does delivery take? - All standard orders (Non-prescription) are dispatched at the latest by the next working day. If you require prescription lenses glazing, dispatch timings will take a little bit longer. Please see below for expected prescription timings.
Bespoke prescription spectacles and sunglasses - 7 to 10 working days.
- What happens if I order prescription frames at an event? - Once you have ordered your frames at one of our events you will receive an order confirmation email, including all the details on what to do next. If you haven't already provided your prescription details and delivery address, please email email@example.com so we are able to complete your order.
- Will I have to pay customs and import duties if I'm ordering outside of the EU? - All duties and charges are payable upfront at our online checkout. Tariffs are calculated individually for each country, to avoid any delays or charges upon delivery.
MONC is not however liable for any unforeseen or excess charges which may be incurred when delivering to any non-EU countries.
- How do I know if the glasses will suit me before I buy them? - If you are unsure as to which shape will suit you best, please feel free to take a look at our face shape guide on our website, or find our latest event or pop-up shop in our events section to try on our frames in person. We also offer free UK returns for you to try on our frames in the comfort of your own home.
- What is your returns policy? - UK customers can return all their orders for free within 14 days from the date you receive them. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free shipping label and drop your parcel off at your local post office, making sure everything is in its original condition and packaging. Don't forget to keep hold of your proof of postage receipt.
The only exception is for monogrammed cases which cannot be refunded once monogrammed.
- Can I make a return from outside the UK? - Yes you can. We will refund you in full once we have safely received your items. ****We don't currently offer free returns from outside the UK and will not be able to refund any shipping cost or cover return shipping. Safe return is the responsibility of the sender.
Can I return prescription frames? - Yes, we are able to exchange or refund you for prescription glasses if they are not right.
Care, Warranty and Repairs
At MONC we believe in fewer better things, so it's important to us that your glasses last you as long as possible. Each frame comes with a warranty to guarantee against any fault for a period of 12 months from purchase.
Each frame comes with an optical screwdriver to tighten any loose hinges that might appear over time.
How best should I care for my frames? - Please try to ****remember to use a case for your glasses to protect them when they aren't being worn. ****We advise to always use the microfibre cleaning cloth provided so as not to damage the lenses when cleaning, we also advise to only use water-based cleaning solution. Bending your frames will cause the shape to warp, and may even snap them.
- We offer a free monogramming service on all our leather cases. Simply add the letters that you would like to appear, along with the colour (nude/ silver /gold) when purchasing. If you have any issues or queries please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
- Monogrammed cases are non-refundable once they have been personalised.
Prescriptions and Lenses
We currently offer standard prescriptions for free in either sunglasses or spectacles, including anti-scratch and anti-glare coatings.
- Do you offer blue light filter lenses? - Blue light filter coatings are available at an extra cost of £30.00
- Can I have polarised lenses? - We offer polarisation for an additional £50. If you would like polarised lenses please let us know by email.
- Do you offer bespoke lens colours? - We currently only offer prescription sun lenses in green, brown and grey. However, we would be happy to quote you for a bespoke colour via email.
- Do you offer Bifocals or Varifocals? - Unfortunately, we don't currently offer these options.
- What type of lenses do you use? - The lenses we use are CR39 or Nylon.
- What prescription lenses do you offer for Spectacles? - Our prescription spectacles come with Single Vision lenses included in the Price.
- What prescription lenses do you offer for Sunglasses? - Our prescription sunglasses are available in varied prices depending on your prescription requirements:
1.5 lens designed for basic prescriptions. (included in price)