For frame styles: Løkka, Monti and Principe, we use Italian-made glass lenses. Our glass lenses are:
- UV400 Category 3 optical glass, protecting against 100% UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Infrared Blocking
- Chemically hardened to withstand knocks and drops.
- Contain anti-reflective coatings as standard
For frame styles: Kallio, Gràcia, Kreuzberg , London Fields and Södermalm, we currently use CR39 plastic, but we are working to eliminate plastic sunglass lenses by the end of 2019. Our CR39 plastic lenses are:
- UV400 Category 3 sun lenses protecting against 100% UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Come with scratch resistant hard coating
- Made by Divel Italia
*We have chosen to go back to traditional methods and we’re doing so in order to help protect our future. Glass is easier to recycle than plastic and glass lenses happen to be harder than their plastic counterparts so they don’t scratch as easily. They also offer better optical quality and a high refractive index, meaning we can use lovely thin lenses.
Technological advancements mean the risk of smashing glass lenses is smaller than you may imagine. But if you’re still concerned, worry not because MONC is committed to replacing any lenses that fall victim to a poolside incident that results in a crack or shatter. If this should unfortunately happen, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more about our Glass Lenses click here.